In-Home Prenatal Massage – $190
Massage during pregnancy is a therapeutic type of bodywork designed to address the needs of the pregnant woman as her body goes through the typical changes of gestation. Massage can be received in all stages of pregnancy and is very safe and often recommended by medical physicians, obstetricians, midwives and other related professionals. The gentle, noninvasive approach of prenatal massage can ease discomfort associated with pregnancy, help the mother-to-be prepare for labor, and give her nurturing emotional support. There are many benefits for both mother and newborn when a relaxing massage is incorporated into regular prenatal care.
Massage therapy can reduce and relieve muscular aches and ease joint pain, decrease anxiety, and help prepare for an easy labor. Many women do not slow down or take special care of themselves during this special time. Massage during pregnancy is one of the only times a busy pregnant woman has to relax and pamper herself. A soothing pregnancy massage can help decrease cortisol, and raise oxytocin levels.
Prenatal Massage Helps In Many Ways
- Provides relief from back pain and joint discomfort
- Reduces stress and anxiety, allowing for increased sleeping comfort
- Helps relieve nausea
- Reduces swelling of face and extremities
- Increases circulation
- Increases the flow of nutrients to the placenta
- Aids in postural realignment
- Reduces swelling in hands and feet by increasing blood and lymph circulation
- Opens the chest to allow for a deeper breath
- Gently massages and relaxes the fetus
- Enhances immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Provides emotional and physical support for the mother
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Gives relief to weight-bearing joints (ankles, neck, lower back and pelvis)
Everything we do as a pregnancy massage therapist has been tailored especially for pregnant women to enjoy through all three trimesters. We are specially trained to work with pregnant women and all the possible aches, pains and ailments you may be suffering. Mamaseuse knows which parts of the body need extra attention and which parts should not be massaged. Each trimester brings new concerns and considerations. So you can relax- assured that you can enjoy the massage.
In-Home Postpartum Massage $190
The next few days after the joy of bringing a child into the world can be both ecstatic and overwhelming. First, there is the adrenalin and emotions of the labor itself, then comes settling into a new routine and tending to the often demanding needs of a new baby. During this time, it is extremely important to ensure that a mother’s needs are not ignored. Through postnatal massage, the vital energy that is lost during labor can be replenished!
Postnatal massage can help balance a new mother’s emotional state and ease any post labor related aches and pains. This strengthens the bond between mother, child and partner, and allows this time to be an enjoyable experience rather than a stressful one.
Any nursing mother will tell you the shoulders, arms and wrists hurt the most. That is exactly what postnatal massage focuses on, in combination with cranial sacral which alleviates tension and knots in the neck and shoulders, helping you get back to feeding baby, pain free. Massage can also help speed the healing of a Cesarean incision.
Postnatal Massage Benefits
- Re-establishes pelvic alignment
- Supports healthy lactation
- Facilitates mama and baby bonding
- Helps remove metabolic wastes and medications still in the system
- Provides deep relaxation
- Reduces stress hormones
- Reduces headaches
- Postural dysfunctions
- Reduces weakness and fatigue
- Alleviates depression
- Increases blood circulation
- Relieves low back, shoulder and neck pain from carrying and breastfeeding a baby
- Helps to eliminate excess body fluids and reduces fluid retention.
We perform all massages in the comfort of your home. Having your baby with you eliminates the need for childcare and makes you feel less anxious about leaving your newborn. Postnatal massage is a great way to enhance your bonding experience and attachment to your baby!