Expert Guidance Tailored to Your Baby’s Individual Needs
Every baby is unique from the moment they enter our lives. Each child has their own singular personality and behavior, and needs to be cared for in a way that supports their individuality. It is perfectly natural for new parents to have concerns and anxieties about this at the start of their journey. Advice you’ve heard from family or other parents may not cover all the bases, or suit the specific needs of your own child.
Learning how to breastfeed successfully is an important step for you and your baby, but achieving this goal isn’t always as easy as it sounds. There are difficulties and frustrations to work through, and expert guidance can make that part of the journey a lot less stressful.
At Stork & Sprout, we offer one-on-one consultation with a Certified Lactation Educator in the comfort of your home. Our experts are prepared to give you the advice, instruction and support you need to overcome these obstacles and maximize the breastfeeding experience for you and your baby.
- Prenatal breastfeeding assistance – including basic instruction, a review of basic supplies and equipment, and what to expect during the first weeks.
- Assistance with latch and positioning.
- Helping you read behavioral cues in order to meet your baby’s needs.
- Back to work assistance with breast pumps and pumping, and how to maximize and maintain your breast milk production.
- Sleep strategies for you and your baby during the newborn period.
- Logistics of breastfeeding twins and/or premature babies
Common breastfeeding concerns include:
- Latch & position
- Painful feeding
- Breast refusal
- Issues with undersupply and oversupply
- Anatomical challenges
- Maternal emotional well being
Please feel free to contact us for more details about our initial consultation and full range of services.